Loved to know who the photographer is?
i love the shapes in the outfit, chair and building. As well as the contrast between the black & white outfit that matches with the porcelain dolly and BRIGHHHT Deck chair & hair colour.
Monday, 26 October 2009
Sunday, 25 October 2009
Friday, 23 October 2009
Thursday, 22 October 2009
Wednesday, 21 October 2009
So i was trying to research for my final year work and came across a dvd 'the secret life of world of Haute Couture'
and oww my, this 60 minute documentary just totally blown me away.
a few facts i learnt from the dvd.
- For an item to be 'Haute Couture' it has to be hand made in Paris.
- There is a Private society of people (woman) who actually buy the 'Haute Couture' outfits...200
- (It was either) Dior or Chanel that say if you fit into the catwalk piece with no adjustments you can buy the item with a additional 30% off
- Most celebrities borrow their couture outfits and rarely buy then.
- they range from 10,000+
- Items are most commonly bought individually and then customised to fit perfectly to YOUR Body.
- You have to book an appointment to shop at a haute couture shop.
- when overseas & they will ship your item across to you on a private Jet accompanied by a personal semesters.
- The Haute Couture costumers and kept very secretive.
- 'wearing haute couture is like the difference between wearing real diamonds and wearing fake diamonds. If though its still fun, you just feel different.
Incredible Stylist and elegant Haute Couture icon... Daphne Guiness.
Editorial by Steven Klien, styled By Daphine Guiness .
Taken from Vouge Italy